Sept. 2, 2019
11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Parish grounds — 18765 Route 208, Fryburg, PA
Easy access from I-80 and US Route 322
Dinner • Games of Skill & Chance • Quilts • Bingo • Raffles
Rain or shine • Handicap accessible • Parking shuttle available
Serving All You Can Eat Homemade Chicken & Ham Dinners with Homemade Noodle Soup and Pies
Dine in or take out! Dinner ticket sales begin at 10 a.m. with dinners served between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Dinner tickets are also available for advance purchase at the parish office in Lucinda!
Dinner prices are $9.00 for adults and $4.50 for children. Pre-school age and under are FREE.
Outdoor seating is available at the picnic for take-out meals.
Games, Raffles and More!
All booths and games open at 11 a.m. on the grounds. Games of skill and chance for all ages will be featured including?
- Chinese Auction
- Meat Raffles
- Baked Goods Stand
- Candy Game
- Stuffed Animal Game
- and more with great prizes for children!
A cornerstone attraction is the quilt booth. Handmade quilts, donated by members of the St. Michael Parish Rosary Society, will be awarded in drawings held throughout the day.
Bingo starts at noon in the upper floor of the parish social hall, continuing into the afternoon.
Labor Day Loot and Other RafflesLabor Day Loot grand prizes will be drawn at the end of the day, between 4 and 5 p.m. This year's featured prizes are:
- Five (5) $1,000 cash prizes (to be awarded individually)
- La-Z-Boy Recliner, donated by Faller Furniture, Clarion
- A $500 cash prize, donated by Faller Funeral Home, Inc. – Adam G. Faller, Supervisor, Fryburg,
- A $500 cash prize, donated by the St. Michael Rosary Society, Fryburg
- 50” Hisense Roku Ready Smart TV, donated by UPS
- 4 ft Victorian bench, donated by Lander’s Inc., Lucinda
- Two (2) $100.00 Savings Accounts (to be awarded individually), donated by First United National Bank, Fryburg
- A $100.00 Gift Certificate to Comet Food Warehouse, donated by Comet Food Warehouse, Clarion
Separate ticket raffles will also be drawn including a livestock ticket raffle and Pittsburgh Pirates ticket raffle. The prizes for the livestock ticket are:
- A live calf donated by Twin Hollow Farms of Fryburg and a starter feed kit donated by Sandy Ridge Farms of Shippenville OR $200 in cash;
- A piglet or $50 in cash donated by Five G Farm of Fryburg;
- Half (1/2) of a hog (winner is responsible for processing) donated by J&C Meats, New Bethlehem;
- A quarter (1/4) of beef (winner responsible for processing) donated by Eisenman Livestock, Venus;
- Potatoes for a year (10 lb. bag US No. 1 Red every month), donated by Long Acres Potato Farm, Tionesta.
The prizes for the Pittsburgh Pirates raffle are:
- Grand Prize – 4 tickets to the Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds game, Sunday, Sept. 29th, at PNC Park. Seats are in the LEXUS CLUB;
- 2nd Prize – 4 tickets to the Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds game, Sunday, Sept. 29th, at PNC Park. Seats are in Field Level Box, 3rd Base 28, Row A;
- 3rd Prize – 4 MLB hats of the winner’s choice.
All raffle tickets including the Labor Day Loot tickets will be available on the grounds or in advance at the parish office in Lucinda as well as various local businesses.
Parking – Directions – Contact Info
The picnic grounds are handicap accessible. Handicap parking is available at the lower parking lot next to the parish social hall. All parking is FREE with ample spaces surrounding the picnic grounds.
St. Michael Parish is located along Rt. 208 in Fryburg, PA, easily accessible from major routes including I-80 and US Rt 322. Street Address: 18765 Route 208, Fryburg, PA 16326.
For more information contact the parish office at (814) 226-7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Facebook at St. Michael’s Labor Day Picnic – Fryburg!
Sponsors & Other Supporters